This post is all about best natural way to get rid of sore throat. Sore throat is a condition that accompanies discomfort and pain in throat and may lead to fever. The purpose of this post is to share preventive measures to reduce the risk of sore throat even though there is no certain way to get rid of strep throat but you can get relief from pain that make you sick.
General prevention to avoid sore throat
- Drink plenty of water, to keep your throat well moist, this will save you from dehydration and your body can get rid of toxins this way.
- Often wash your hands, after meeting sick persons or when you go to the public places to stop contiguous viruses and bacteria.
- Don not yell/shout or talk too much because this may cause irritated throat.
- Take enough rest or sleep because this will help you regain strength to fight illness.
- Avoid soft drinks
- Take hot drinks such as tea and soups
- Avoid dairy products such milk, ice cream as these products increase the amount of phlegm in throat.
- Avoid smoke, dust or fumes.
Home remedies to get rid of sore throat
Ginger tea has proven health benefits as ginger improves digestion, improves immunity,deals with upper respiratory track infections, alleviate throat pain and coughs and etc. You can easily make soothing and tasty ginger tea at home. Take 1 1/2 cup water in pan, add 6 to 7 thin slices of raw ginger and boil it for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from heat add lemon juice and honey to taste and enjoy the tea to get relief from throat pain.
Try herbal or green tea and add some lemon juice in it as it will clear your throat from mucus and will help you get rid of sore throat.
Gargle 4 times a day with lukewarm salty water to avoid pain or swelling. For preparing salty water, take one glass luke warm water and add one table spoon salt in it and mix. Gargle with this solution throughout the day to alleviate pain.
Different types of soups especially the chicken soup will help you feel better by re-leaving pain and providing nourishment.